November 20, 2012

{day TWENTY} my HOUSE

I really love my house.  It's not the biggest house on the block, nor is it the most updated with fancy features.  Heck, it's not even decorated with the latest and greatest furniture and gadgets {example:  our TV is 8 years old}, but I still love it.

Two years ago, we were living in a different state and had a completely different house.  While our home now is a townhouse with a small yard, our home back then was a single family home with a generous yard.  We had more space than we needed in that house.  In fact, we had to sell or put into storage many of our belongings after we moved because we simply didn't have the space.

But, despite having to sacrifice space, I love our new home because it's so much closer to the things that matter.  We're closer to family, we're closer to friends and we're in an area that suits us so much better in terms of opportunities for our daughter{s} like better schools, more cultural experiences and so forth.

As I find myself sitting in my house, often wishing I had one more bedroom, I'm reminded of the importance of not being greedy or envious of other people.  I feel satisfied that, when all is said and done, this house represents that we are living within our means while working towards something more grand.

I'm excited for the day when we are one step closer to our dream home, but in the meantime I'm grateful for the house we have and the security and comfort it provides.

3 comments:

  1. Well said Emmy! I'm in your same boat- appreciating what I have in the moment, yet can't help to be anxious with what the future home will bring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your house, too. I love the spirit there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well put. You can always want more or be jealous of what someone else has no matter your status. There are people completely envious of your home and that you even own a home. There are people with huge homes that think their house is shabby. It's all relative. You've got it right with living within your means and appreciating what you have. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...