November 28, 2012

{day TWENTY-EIGHT} a HEALTHY BABY

I went to a doctor appointment today, and at 29 weeks things are looking just as they should at this point during my pregnancy.

I heard the baby's heartbeat and it sounded so strong and fast.  Since I've only been able to hear it once a month so far {I'm not at the point where I go to my doctor every two weeks instead of four}, there's always a part of me that is worried that something might be wrong.

In two weeks I get to go to another appointment, and because I raised some concerns about my lack of weight gain {I don't have anything to worry about.  I just thought I'd be bigger at this point than I am}, my doctor is going to do an ultrasound.  At this point, the baby will be much more recognizable and it will be so much fun to see her face.

Having a baby is always risky.  In my situation, it's a little more risky because of my epilepsy, so I am so grateful that our newest addition is healthy and, by all accounts, happy.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah for a healthy heart beat. Do you know what you are having or do you plan to find out when you have the ultra sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hooray for healthy babies. Being pregnant is stressful and there is no rest from the worry until the baby is born (not that the worry ends there, it's just the start of a different kind of worry, right?)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...