November 6, 2012

{day SIX} ONLINE banking

Or, should I say online credit union-ing since I prefer them over banks?



Nevertheless, online financing is one of the greatest things of all time.  I remember as a young, dumb teenager my financial institution asking me if I wanted to sign up for an online account.  For some reason I thought it would cost money, so I always declined.  Then I grew a brain and have never gone back!

When Dustin and I first got married, it was very clear we managed our finances differently.  I checked my online account frequently and always had a good estimate in my head of what was available.  I always managed to mess up the math on my register, and eventually just gave up.

He, on the other hand, was very strict with keeping a register and the thought of me spending any money without writing it down was really frustrating.

We attempted having one, joint account and that lasted an entire two seconds.  We are definitely a dual-account couple, and it works for us.

But, getting back to the point, the convenience of online financing is so amazing.  Need to transfer money from checking into savings?  With two clicks it's done!  Running low on your checking account?  No problem, do a transfer from savings to checking in no time at all.  Want to pay a bill without mailing it?  Snap!  You've got a bill pay option!

The possibilities are endless.

4 comments:

  1. I was glad to find out that you had back dated your posts, because I was worried I had missed your daily posts. I really love all the things you have posted.

    I love online banking as well! We were a two account couple for years, but since I became the sole source of income and my husband is still much more organized that I am, it made sense for us to combine. It can still be tricky, but a lot less stressful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you've liked my posts so far. I'm trying not to be too cheesey. :)

      Now that I'm not working anymore, we may switch to one account. I have this thing with idle accounts that serve no purpose, which is how my account is now that I no longer her a paycheck, so I may close mine and just deal with it.

      Delete
  2. I love online banking, too. It is so handy and quick and the little confirmation number lets you know that your bill money was received, PRESTO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is so handy. I'm glad I'm not alone in my love for this modern convenience. :)

      Delete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...