November 12, 2012

{day TWELVE} HEALTH

Today my friends received some unfortunate news about their son's health.  It was very heartbreaking  to know this little boy, who's not even three years old yet, will have to endure a painful surgery when he should be living his life as a carefree little guy, playing outside in the snow with his friends.

The whole situation just isn't fair.

When I find myself whining or complaining about the difficulties in my life, especially those attributed to my daughter, I stop and tell myself that I am lucky.  There is always someone out there experiencing something more painful or heartbreaking.

Not to diminish my own trials, but when people whom you adore are going through things that you have no way of comprehending, it is very humbling.  And I paused today as I thought about the physical blessings that my family and I are blessed with.

Good luck, buddy!  We're here for you!


5 comments:

  1. Amen! (Hope the little guy fairs well)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought that many times. Especially in my work, I come across sad stories on a daily basis. On those days, I remember that I really don't have much to complain about, and that I should hug my children extra hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to take health for granted. It's good to remember what a blessing it really is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sad! That really does put things in perspective. Hope his surgery goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well for Little Buddy.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...