January 30, 2012

MUSIC mondays: FREE MUSIC

Did you know iTunes has songs you can download for FREE?

It's true!  Every week they have a SINGLE OF THE WEEK that you can preview and/or download for absolutely no cost to you.

Usually, the free singles are from bands/artists I have never heard of, which makes it even better for people like that are always on the look out for songs that don't pollute the airwaves.  At least, not in Utah. Maybe these bands are more popular in areas like LA or Seattle.

Anyway, these are the last two singles I've added to my iTunes collection via the Single of the Week.


I think this song is just cute.  I love the lyrics and love the shout outs to legendary music couples like June and Johnny.  Although the album is listed under the genre of alternative and pop, this song definitely has that country swing sound to it.  Give it a whirl!

And second, I BELONG IN YOUR ARMS by CHAIRLIFT.


When I first saw the title of this song, I thought for sure it was going to be a slower paced song.  To my surprise, it has a little bit of a beat and, had it been around at the time, would've been a theme song to one of the many 80s movies Molly Ringwald was in.  It has Pretty in Pink written all over it!  If you're an 80s music fan, or like fun, upbeat songs about love, I think you'll enjoy this tune.

...

You still have 5 days to enter my GIVEAWAY.  Don't miss out!

1 comment:

  1. I have found some really awesome music because of those free singles. It's fun! I hadn't heard either of these, though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...