May 22, 2010

the DESIRE to CREATE

"Everyone can create.  You don't need money, position or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty."
-President Dieter F. Utchdorf

Today's thought was inspired by this video, which was put together by the LDS (Mormon) church.  It was compiled from a talk given by one of the leaders of the LDS church, Dieter F. Utchdorf.  You can read the entire talk here.

I am LDS.  I know religion can be a touchy subject, but I absolutely love this video.  I believe it has such a great message that is applicable to anyone regardless of religious affiliation.

In addition to this post, this video inspired my blog.  In fact, my blog description "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul," is from this President Utchdorf's talk.

I hope you enjoy it!


I think the words create and creativity are often confused with being crafty or artsy.  For example, you're only creative if you can put together a great scrapbook, if you are an excellent photographer or have written your own novel.  Because I so often view creativity or creating this way, I often feel like I'm lacking in a big way.

But, then I thought I should define it differently.  After all, one technical term of the word create is "to bring into exsistence."  That really opens up what being creative means, which makes me feel better.  Maybe I'll create a new friendship, create a happier day by being more positive, create a stronger family unit by always making sure my husband, daughter and I have dinner together.  The possibilities are endless.

Thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. Loved the video! You have created a beautiful home and family. Love your thought blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, and that video.

    You are one of the most creative people I know. I get what you mean. Just because we "can't" do certain things, we feel like we're lacking, somehow, or that we should be doing more. We can do more. But that's the beauty of learning and developing the individual talents that our Heavenly Father has given us.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...