November 19, 2013

you MATTER

Not long ago, I spoke to a woman over the phone at work.  She was placing an order for her grandson, who had made an unfortunate decision and was now serving time in prison.   Before I could complete her order, I had to put her on hold.  When I came back on the line, this sweet woman was crying.  She apologized for being so emotional and I did my best to comfort her.  As I listened to her cry, my heart ached for her and her family.  I wondered if this young man realized the pain he had caused.  I wondered why people have to suffer so due to no fault of their own.

Our phone call lasted only a few minutes, but it taught me a valuable lesson. For the first time, I think I grasped the reality of how much we matter.

What we do matters.  

The decisions we make matter.

Be it good or bad, we are not alone when dealing with the consequences of our actions.


What we do matters.

We matter.

And I can't help but imagine what this world would be like if we really understood this simple truth.

You matter.

Act like it.

3 comments:

  1. It's something that we would all do well to remember, but is so easy to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of my favorite quote ever: Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mother is only as happy as her saddest child.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...