April 27, 2015

MUSIC mondays: PERSUASION

Nothing is quite as good as a finely crafted love song.  Like, with lyrics that are real and raw and that show how vulnerable we are when it comes to matters of the heart.

I first heard the song {PERSUASION} on one of those music TV channels.  Those channels were the greatest thing to me at the time because I discovered so many artists I never would have by only listening to Utah's less than creative radio stations.

Anyway, this is one of those songs that I can listen to over and over again and never get tired of it.  I love the overall message that, despite what we see in the movies, love is not a feeling that can be switched on or off.  It reminds me of all those times I let my heart dictate my actions rather than my logic.  I think that's something so many people can relate to.

"After all the foolish things that we've been through, I can always make a start on something new.  And I'll always be a man who's open to persuasion."

I mean, seriously, how real is that?  

Regardless of our flaws or inconsistencies, it's still okay if someone loves us.  And, it's okay to love someone that isn't perfect.  And we don't have to throw in the towel after one argument.  Our relationships don't have to be nice and neat and tidy.  There's ups and downs and everything in between.  And that's okay.


I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do.  It's a keeper!

1 comment:

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...