March 12, 2012

MUSIC mondays: hey JULIE

Last week, my fellow blogger buddy Karen asked for suggestions on happy music.  Being the music freak that I am, I quickly put together a list of a dozen or songs that she absolutely HAD to add to her music library: 

All Summer Long - Phoebe Kreutz
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - JET
Be My Escape - Relient k
Bohemian Like You - The Dandy Warhols
Brand New Day - Joshua Radin
Closer to Free - BoDeans
Don't Stop Believin' - Journey
Dream Big - Ryan Shupe
I Run For Life - Melissa Etheridge
Kiss At the End of the Rainbow - Mighty Wind Soundtrack
New Shoes - Paolo Nutini
One Voice - The Wailin' Jennys
Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Take a Chance on Me - ABBA (Erasure cover is good too)
Today was a Fairytale - Taylor Swift
When I'm With You - JJ Heller

Today, I realized I missed one very important song.  The reason why it's so important is because it was my daughter's first very favorite song.  Even before we celebrated  her first birthday, she absolutely adored listening to 



It's not an earth-shattering song by any means.  It's a cute love song about a girl named Julie.  I think my daughter was drawn to this song because of it's upbeat melody and it's simplicity overall.

Check out HEY JULIE.  According to my daughter, it'll brighten your day!

15 comments:

  1. Good list! Just reading the title of "Don't Stop Believing" made me smile. Love Journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure everyone on the planet loves "Don't Stop Believin'". Seriously, how can you not?

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You're welcome. I hope you can find some new music to add to your library. :)

      Delete
  3. My daughter likes the Journey song. I have raised her well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome!!

      You know, I wouldn't consider myself a huge Journey fan, but I do love Don't Stop Believin'!

      Delete
  4. These are some great songs. I do have a couple of them on my list already, but not most of them. You put together the best compilations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, K-Lo! Thanks for your post that gave me the idea to write this post. :)

      Delete
  5. Good songs - Don't stop believin is the best! Stopping by to say thanks for your well wishes on my SITS day the other day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, MIssy. I hope it was a good day for you!

      Delete
  6. Great list! Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. It was on my wedding video. Such a great song. Classic, really.

      Delete
  7. Oh thanks! Off to listen to some music

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great songs, thanks! I have lost touch a bit with the music world since having kids and your post reminds me not to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes! Don't ever not listen to music!!! ;)

      Delete

Leave a thought.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...