My life has changed somewhat drastically since my last post. At that time, we were living in Idaho Falls, ID and our house was on the market and had been since February. Our plan was to move to Utah so we could be closer to our families.
Here are a few more details:
- 7/22: Realtor called to schedule a showing
- 7/23: Same realtor called to schedule another showing with same clients
- 7/24: Two realtors called to schedule two separate showings
- 7/27: Received offer on house and immediately countered
- 7/28: Received a counter to my counter. Didn't budge on our counter knowing full well the buyers could walk, but took the change anyway
- A few hours later on 7/28: Buyers agreed to my original counter.
- 7/29: Buyers asked if we could be out of the house in two weeks. We said yes.
- 8/16: The official date to close on the house.
In those two weeks, my husband and I managed to move the majority of our belongings to Utah and he found a new place to work; however, he still had a lot of things to do at his current job before he could quit, so he stayed in Idaho Falls until August 27 while my daughter and I went to Wyoming to stay with my in-laws.
On August 16, we closed on the house. We immediately booked it to Utah to find a new place to live. Our plan was to find a temporary rental until we figured out where we wanted to buy a house.
After three weeks of being apart, my little family was altogether again under the same roof on August 28. Dustin started his new job the Tuesday after Labor Day and we all started to settle.
Fast forward one week.....
Dustin got a new job opportunity 70 minutes away from our house. The job was too good to pass up: amazing benefits, great opportunity to advance or "move up the ladder," overall, a tons better job than his current.
Fast forward two weeks....
We found a NEW place to live just one month after moving to Utah. By moving, it cut Dustin's commute over in-half AND we were much closer to my family. A better job, a better location, better everything.
In other words: August = Idaho and Wyoming, September = Utah #1, October = Utah #2, November = Utah #2.
I think we'll stay put for awhile....
Assuming I still have any readers, what have you all been up to??